Friday 1 February 2013

[UPDATED] Tutorial: Sword Art Online Theme (Rainmeter Skin) for Windows

*** UPDATE July 1st, 2013 ***

Sorry for the late updates! I will include how to change your Icon picture in this update :)
Scroll down to the end of post for the tutorial :3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Halo-
As promised, here is the tutorial of SAO Theme for Windows (*≧∇≦)/






Disclaimer: I'm not the owner of this awesome theme! I'm just sharing it with you guys

(Video is my own resource)


Original Author:


SAO Skin pack by ~rdrag at deviantart
Project SAO by aerionel at deviantart
SAO Kirito by milkkybunny at deviantart
SAO Menu 刀剑神域菜单 by suixin0812 at Baidu 



First off~
1. Download your rainmeter here.
(http://rainmeter.net/cms/)

2. Install the Rainmeter~

3. Download the Rainmeter skin here.

4. Click on the "Downloads Skins Sword Art Online Kirito" to get the .rar file.

5. The password of the .rar file is sharemulator



6. Extract your .rar file

7. You should see something like this on your extracted folder


8. Install the 3 .rmskin files by double-clicking them.





9. Run your rainmeter and right click on it > Rainmeter > Skins.


10. You should see the Kirito, SAO, and SAO Menu after you installed the 3 of them.

11. You can click on their components to display the menu.
The left-side menu is called "SAO main.ini",
The RAM monitor is called "SAO ram.ini",
and so on.


12. How to edit the SAO Menu?
Simply right click on the SAO Menu > Edit Skin.

13. A Notepad will be opened automatically and we will modify the codes there :)


14. You can use ctrl + f to search this = m1Item1String.
It will show you the title for the first menu (apple logo).
You can change the title here :D


15. Now for the tricky part; modifying the program.
After changing the titles, if you scroll down a bit, you will find the "m1Item1Item1Action" groups.
They hold the URI of your programs.
16. You can change the program URI by following these steps:
- Right click on the program you wish to be added to the menu.

- Click on Properties and you will find something like this:


- Copy all the text on "Target".

- Paste the text between the [ and ] symbols.
- You can change the other URIs as well with the same steps :)

16. Now refresh your rainmeter by right clicking it and click on "Refresh Skin".

Voila! Your programs are ready to work :D

Notes: I haven't tried to add or delete the menus, changed the icons, and so on.
I will let you know ASAP (check my facebook) if I managed to modify more :3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** UPDATE: How to change your icons? ***

1. Locate your Rainmeter folder (the path where you installed it) as for me, it is located on My Documents > Rainmeter.


Next..


2. Go to Skins > SAO Menu@Resource folder.


3. Inside the folder you will see the default icons, you can change the icons by simply using any Image Editor software (e.g.: Adobe Photoshop).

4. After modifying your icons, do not forget to save it and refresh the Rainmeter by Right Clicking the Rainmeter on your Desktop and click on Refresh Skin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For fast reply message me on my page:
http://facebook.com/punipun07

Your support on my page will mean a lot to me (●>v<●)

Thank you for reading, hope it helps! :D

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the upload! However I am having a problem where whenever I lock my computer through Rainmeter, Rainmeter crashes and it only happens when i lock it from the icon in the theme. Can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Devon!
      Which version of Windows do you use?
      I'm using Windows 8 and so far I haven't encountered any problem with the Lock function :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this awesome theme! I hope there would be more updates to come.

    I can't seem to replicate your issue. I'm using Windows 8 64bit and its working fine so far. @Devon Diaz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Michael!
      Glad I help :D
      And so sorry for the lack of updates! T_T
      I just updated on how to change your icon, do check ^_^

      Delete
  3. When I extract and enter the password, it doesn't seems to get extracted... it only appears folders. What should I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Haibara!
      Can you send me the screenshot of what happened to my facebook (http://facebook.com/punipun07)
      I'll do what I can to help :D

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this awesome SAO theme :D
    Actually, is great. so simple for my desktop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi thanks for this great guide :) i like alot this skin :) one question is there any possible way to put 1 more tab in the apple menu ? for expample the apple menu got 3 sub tabs and the android menu got 4 tabs :) , and i wanna put more tabs in the apple menu :) , hope you understand me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't install the .rmskin file, when I double-click on them it's appear a box said "Invalid package:[file's name] The Skin Packager tool must be used to create valid .rmskin package"
    How to fix this

    ReplyDelete
  8. how can i open .rar? to result in 'enter password' pls answer :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow.. this is nice
    its been year since i made the SAO rainmeter and alot of people has been asking me on a tutorial.
    thanks you for making this one
    I'll put a link of it on my SAO rainmeter

    -aerionel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing. I like the setup of my desktop now. :)

    Custom Pc Build

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have presented you skin for windows 10 so that you can completely change your desktop and visual appearance of your Windows. It is essential to change it once in a while so that you can feel like a person while using it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it. online notepad with password

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Continue reading

    ReplyDelete
  14. sat kursu ankara Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our.

    ReplyDelete
  15. keto meals delivered Enjoy Healthy, Fresh Keto Meals Delivered straight to your doorstep. Enjoy your Keto meals with ease and know you are taking care of yourself and the planet. Going all in on the keto diet can yield incredible nutritional benefits

    ReplyDelete